Our Special Deals
10% Off Senior, Military & First Responders Discount!
-(Free service Call With Repair)
-FREE 1 Year Warranty On Repairs
- FREE Warranty On AC Replacement & Parts!
- Same Day Services
-$49 AC Tune Up Special
We also offer 2.9% financing for 36 months on new equipment.
We can also finance repairs!
Schmidt's AC Phoenix has been in Central AZ providing air conditioning and heating, installation, service and repair for over 46 years. We have always listened to the customers needs to find the best solution to the problem, whether it be a repair or a new energy efficient unit that saves money on your electric bill. We have the heating or cooling system that is right for you.
Why should you use us for your heating and cooling needs? All Schmidt's AC isn't like other large companies in town where you never know who you will talk to or who will show up at your door. We are a small family owned and operated business. We take every service call seriously. We want your business! You can always expect friendly service at an honest price. Our professional staff can assist you with an all new air conditioning unit or heating system, air equipment replacement, or provide a complete design/rebuild project to fit your budget. After you are completely satisfied with the job we do, we hope you will tell your friends and family about Schmidt's AC heating and cooling services.
We proudly serve MESA, SCOTTSDALE, GILBERT, CHANDLER, FOUNTAIN HILLS, PHOENIX, GOLD CANYON, MARICOPA, PEORIA, GLENDALE, TEMPE, SUN CITY, SUN CITY WEST, SURPRISE, AVONDALE, CAVE CREEK, ANTHEM, APACHE JUNCTION, QUEEN CREEK, SAN TAN VALLEY, SUNLAKES, AHWATUKEE, GOODYEAR, EL MIRAGE, TOLLOSON, RIO VERDE, PARADISE VALLEY, PHOENIX, MARICOPA COUNTY, PINAL COUNTY.
- 24-hour coverage, even on weekends and holidays
- Fully stocked service vehicles so most repairs can be completed on the initial visit
- Quality replacement parts
- NATE-certified technicians qualified to repair all brands of cooling equipment
- Cutting-edge diagnostic equipment
$500 Off New AC Units!
Heat Pump Repairs
AC service & repairs
AC Licensed contractor
Air conditioning repair
AC service technician in Phoenix Arizona
Heat pumps heat and cool differently than furnaces and central air conditioners, so homeowners lacking experience with them may not understand how they work. Likewise, inexperienced homeowners may have some confusion distinguishing normal operation from actual heat pump issues. The following are some typical situations that arise with heat pumps that will distinguish between what’s normal and what needs attention.
– More often than you might think, the problem with the heat pump can be resolved by turning the “on” switch or resetting the circuit breaker. If neither fixes the power issue and you’re sure you have power in your house, call an HVAC technician.
– Heat pumps make some strange noises, including hums, buzzing and pressure relief noises. If you hear scraping, banging, vibrating or clattering from the indoor or outdoor part of the heat pump, it may be a broken or unbalanced fan blade.
Ice on the heat pump
– It’s normal to find a bit of frost on the heat pump’s condenser coil. This happens when the warm refrigerant in the coil meets colder temperatures and the dew point of the air is such that condensation occurs. The condensation can freeze, and when it does, a sensor should tell the heat pump to go into cooling mode to defrost the coil. Wrong refrigerant charge and malfunctions with the sensor, thermostat, motor fan or reversing valve can cause the defrost cycle to fail, resulting in the heat pump being encased in ice.
Steam from the heat pump
– It’s normal to see a white vapor from the outdoor heat pump unit when the defrost cycle is working properly.
Auxiliary light won’t shut off
– This light comes on when the unit is defrosting. The heat pump goes into auxiliary heating mode when the temperature outside is less than 35 degrees, and the auxiliary heating light comes on. If it’s on too long a time, there’s likely a malfunction.